This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for details.
Homeschool Activities for January
All about Winter!
- Winter Fun! 5 Free Ways to Enjoy Time as a Family
- 20 Winter STEM Activities!
- Polar Regions Resources
- Winter Olympics Lesson Plans for Kids
- January Writing Prompts: FREE Prompt Calendar!
Homeschool Activities for February
Free February Writing Prompt Calendar
Feb 5th is Chinese New Year
- Chinese New Year Activities(February 5th, 2019)
Feb 14th is Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Printables
Free Printable Puzzle
Valentine Word Search
Valentine Activity Pack
- Valentine’s Activities
10 STEM Activities
Books for little kids
Cooking with Kids
Invitation to Play
Homeschool Activities for March
March 2nd is Read Across America
- 5 Days of Dr Seuss Projects
- Fox in Socks Activities
- 20 Wacky Wednesday Ideas
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss Playlist
March 17th is St Patrick’s Day
April’s Writing Prompt Calendar
Homeschool Activities for April
April is Poetry Month!
- Teaching Japanese Haiku Poems to Children + Haiku Worksheets
- 20 Poetry Activities: Reading & Writing Poetry for Kids of All Ages
- How to Find Poems Kids Like +6 Books They Will LOVE
- 10 Sneaky Ways to Easily Teach Poetry with Other Subjects
April 9th is National Library Worker’s Day!
Thank a librarian today.
April 21st is Easter
April 22nd is Earth Day
Learn about Garbage and Recycling
May through August are homeschool-light for us. Enjoy some fun and learning and, of course, a break this summer with some summer fun and activities:
- 10 FUN Alternatives to Summer School: Avoid the Summer Slide!
- FUN Summer Printables + Library Reading Challenge!
- BIG List of Things to Do with Kids in the Summer!
- 101 Reasons to Take a Break this Summer
- 10 FREE Online Courses for Kids! Screentime You can feel GOOD about!
- 7 Educational Summer Field Trips
*Not* Back to School Homeschool Activities
August is back to homeschool month for us! Here are some ideas to get you back in the swing of things!
Curriculum Tips and Tricks
- Don’t Go Curriculum Shopping without Answering THESE 5 Questions!
- Tips for Choosing an Eclectic Kindergarten Curriculum for Your Homeschool
- Don;t Buy Homeschool Science Curriculum Without Answering These 3 Questions!
Save on Back to Homeschool!
- 5 Ways to Save on Your School Supplies List
- Save BIG on Homeschool Curriculum for Math
- Homeschool Workbooks: Easy & FREE Solution for Kids that Hate Worksheets
Find Your New Favorite Planner!
- Find the BEST Homeschool Planner! Flip Through and Compare
- Free Homeschool Planners to Create Your Custom Binder!
Homeschool Curriculum We LOVE
- Teaching Textbooks Review: Online Math that Meets Your Needs!
- Complete BookShark Review: Science Level 2, Ages 7-9
- Make Learning FUN with Online Reading Games!
- Build Your Library Kindergarten Updated Review and Reflection
- Jot It Down Review: More than a Writing Program (Ages 5-8)
See all of our Homeschool Curriculum Reviews
Homeschool Activities for September
Getting back to school means getting back into the swing of things! A few ideas to help help you find support and get organized for the upcoming year!
- Is Homeschooling Hard? The REAL DEAL & What To Do!
- Online Homeschool Support
- What to Say (and What Not to Say) When you Meet a Homeschool Mom
Get Organized for the School Year!
- Homeschool Schedule: 2 Kids and a Semi-relaxed Routine
- Homeschool Supplies: Must-haves for a great homeschool year!
- Creative Homeschool Organization Ideas for Small Spaces!
- Organizing Homeschool Books: Stop them from TAKING OVER!!!
Start the year off write with a Free September Writing Prompts calendar!
Homeschool Activities for October
October is my favorite month of the year! Time for a cool break in the weather, pumpkin patches, apple picking, and the start of the holiday season.
Get ready for Halloween!
- 20 FUN Halloween STEM Activities!
- Free File Folder Game for Halloween! K-2
- 100 Friendly Halloween Activities, Books, & Crafts for Little Kids!
- 31 days of Friendly Halloween Books for Preschool
- 10 Pumpkin Books for Preschool! NOT Scary for Little Kids
- Halloween Centers: Hands-on Learning for Preschool & Kindergarten!
Plus 20 fun writing prompts for October! Find the FREE October calendar here.
Homeschool Activities for November
A month full of thankfulness and hot chocolate with marshmallows! Enjoy these November activities in your homeschool!
- November Writing Prompts: FREE Printable Calendar!
- Free Thanksgiving Placemats for Kids: 10 FUN Designs
- 20 Thanksgiving STEM Activities!
- Enjoy the Holidays: 3 Tips for Moms
- Gratitude Journal for Kids
Homeschool Activities for December
Perhaps the busiest time of the year! We like to take homeschool a little more lightly around the holidays, and make sure we have plenty of time to enjoy the season!
- December Holiday Planner (from our sister site)
- How to Embrace the Holidays
- Christmas STEM Activities
- Jan Brett Author Study
- December Writing Prompts
Ashley helps parents who want to homeschool find the resources they need to successfully teach their children. Ashley is a former teacher, current homeschooler, published author, and designer behind Circle Time with Miss Fox printables as well as the creator of this website, The Homeschool Resource Room.