This post will be continually updated with Homeschool Activities for each month of the year! Bookmark this page now, and check back each month for more!
Homeschool Activities for January
All about Winter!
Jan 15 is Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Homeschool Activities for February
Feb 9-25: The Olympics
Feb 14th is Valentine’s Day
- Valentine’s Printables
Free Printable Puzzle
Valentine Word Search
Valentine Activity Pack
- Valentine’s Activities
Books for little kids
Cooking with Kids
Invitation to Play
Feb 16th is Chinese New Year
February is Black History Month AND Heart Month
Homeschool Activities for March
March 2nd is Read Across America
March 17th is St Patrick’s Day
Ready for Spring? Some Homeschool Activities for April!
April is Poetry Month!
- Teaching Japanese Haiku Poems to Children + Haiku Worksheets
- 20 Poetry Activities: Reading & Writing Poetry for Kids of All Ages
- How to Find Poems Kids Like +6 Books They Will LOVE
- 10 Sneaky Ways to Easily Teach Poetry with Other Subjects
April 4th is Children’s Day
April 10th is National Library Worker’s Day!
Thank a librarian today.
April 22nD is Earth Day
Summer Homeschool Activities
May through August are homeschool-light for us. Enjoy some fun and learning and, of course, a break this summer with some summer fun and activities:
- 10 FUN Alternatives to Summer School: Avoid the Summer Slide!
- 10 FREE Summer Programs for Kids for Fantastic FUN & Learning!
- FUN Summer Printables + Library Reading Challenge!
- BIG List of Things to Do with Kids in the Summer!
- 101 Reasons to Take a Break this Summer
- 10 FREE Online Courses for Kids! Screentime You can feel GOOD about!
- 7 Educational Summer Field Trips
*Not* Back to School Homeschool Activities
August is back to homeschool month for us! Here are some ideas to get you back in the swing of things!
Curriculum Tips and Tricks
- Don’t Go Curriculum Shopping without Answering THESE 5 Questions!
- Tips for Choosing an Eclectic Kindergarten Curriculum for Your Homeschool
- Don;t Buy Homeschool Science Curriculum Without Answering These 3 Questions!
Save on Back to Homeschool!
- 5 Ways to Save on Your School Supplies List
- Save BIG on Homeschool Curriculum for Math
- Homeschool Workbooks: Easy & FREE Solution for Kids that Hate Worksheets
Find Your New Favorite Planner!
- Find the BEST Homeschool Planner! Flip Through and Compare
- Free Homeschool Planners to Create Your Custom Binder!
Homeschool Curriculum We LOVE
- Teaching Textbooks Review: Online Math that Meets Your Needs!
- Complete BookShark Review: Science Level 2, Ages 7-9
- Make Learning FUN with Online Reading Games!
- Build Your Library Kindergarten Updated Review and Reflection
- Jot It Down Review: More than a Writing Program (Ages 5-8)
See all of our Homeschool Curriculum Reviews
Getting back to school means getting back into the swing of things! A few ideas to help help you find support and get organized for the upcoming year!
- Is Homeschooling Hard? The REAL DEAL & What To Do!
- Online Homeschool Support
- What to Say (and What Not to Say) When you Meet a Homeschool Mom
Get Organized for the School Year!
- Homeschool Schedule: 2 Kids and a Semi-relaxed Routine
- Homeschool Supplies: Must-haves for a great homeschool year!
- Creative Homeschool Organization Ideas for Small Spaces!
- Organizing Homeschool Books: Stop them from TAKING OVER!!!
Start the year off write with a Free September Writing Prompts calendar!
October is my favorite month of the year! Time for a cool break in the weather, pumpkin patches, apple picking, and the start of the holiday season.
Get ready for Halloween!
- 20 FUN Halloween STEM Activities!
- Free File Folder Game for Halloween! K-2
- 100 Friendly Halloween Activities, Books, & Crafts for Little Kids!
- 31 days of Friendly Halloween Books for Preschool
- 10 Pumpkin Books for Preschool! NOT Scary for Little Kids
- Halloween Centers: Hands-on Learning for Preschool & Kindergarten!
Plus 20 fun writing prompts for October! Find the FREE October calendar here.
A month full of thankfulness and hot chocolate with marshmallows! Enjoy these November activities in your homeschool!