This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for details.
Find ten lovable, not scary pumpkin books for preschool here, and don’t miss our full list of 31 Days of Friendly Halloween books for this October!
1. Little Boo by Stephen Wunderli
A beautifully illustrated story of a pumpkin seed who tries hard to be scary. But he must be patient. Little seeds grow into big pumpkins in time.
2. From seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer
Pumpkins are everywhere in the fall! Learn about how they grow from a tiny seed into a big, orange pumpkin.
3. How big could your pumpkin grow by Wendell Minor
A contest held each year to see how big pumpkins grow reveals some really fun and interesting facts.
4. Pete the cat: Five little pumpkins by James Dean
A sing along book featuring the coolest cat on the block.
5. The itsy Bitsy Pumpkin by Sonali Fry
Sing along with this nursery rhyme just perfect for Halloween.
6. Pumpkin cat by Anne Mortimer
Follow the journey of cat and mouse as they watch the pumpkins grow throughout the year.
7. Marley and the runway pumpkin by John Grogan
Marley’s family is looking forward for the pumpkin to win the fair but Marley sends the pumpkin on a wild ride on that day!
8. How many seeds in a pumpkin by Margaret McNamara & Brian Karas
Teach your kids how to count through the fun lessons presented in this picture book.
9. Splat the cat and pumpkin picking plan by Catherine Hapka
Funny cat, Splat, is determined to buy the biggest pumpkin ever but is faced with the challenge of taking it home.
A lovely story about the importance of friends when it matters most.
More Halloween fun from the Resource Room:
Ashley helps parents who want to homeschool find the resources they need to successfully teach their children. Ashley is a former teacher, current homeschooler, published author, and designer behind Circle Time with Miss Fox printables as well as the creator of this website, The Homeschool Resource Room.