This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for details.
Create your own fun this summer with a few hands-on 4th of July STEM activities! Read on to find science experiments, challenges, and projects perfect for summer!
My kids love anything revolved around a theme, and engaging STEM 4th of July Activities – Science, Technology, Engineering & Math – are no exception!
Whether you’re learning through the summer, teaching a class at summer camp, or having friends over, these 4th of July STEM activities will add some hands-on fun to your celebration!
10 STEM Themed 4th of July Activities for Kids!
In this post, you will find ways to explore the chemical reactions of baking soda & vinegar, learn how to make fluffy patriotic slime, enjoy the 4th of July math activities, and so much more!
1. 4th Of July Ice Melt from Little Bins For Little Hands
2. 4th of July Roll and Cover Math Games from Gift Of Curiosity
3. Fizzing Fireworks from Toddler Approved
4. Fluffy Patriotic Slime from Schooling a Monkey
5. How To Make A Straw Rocket from Simple Play Ideas
6. Independence Day Building Structure from Little Bins For Little Hands
7. Make an American Flag with Water Science from Engineer to SAHM
8. Patriotic Color Changing Flowers from Artful Parent
9. Patriotic Stars Count and Clip Cards from The Kindergarten Connection
10. Skittles Color Science from The Soccer Mom Blog
Where to go next?
- Fun Alternatives to Summer School
- 12 Screen-Free Technology Projects
- LEGO STEM Activities for Kids
- Creating a Summer Schedule for Kids
Ashley helps parents who want to homeschool find the resources they need to successfully teach their children. Ashley is a former teacher, current homeschooler, published author, and designer behind Circle Time with Miss Fox printables as well as the creator of this website, The Homeschool Resource Room.