This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for details.
If you’re looking to add some technology projects at home or in your classroom, check out our list of fun, hands-on technology STEM activities. No screens allowed!
Ah, technology. Sometimes we love it, and sometimes… well, not so much.
You want to embrace the technology side of STEM, but often that includes setting your kids up in front of a screen (which they never want to leave) for hours on end. Ick.
Let’s get hands-on with technology.
Let’s offer our kids non-screen alternatives to learning the ins and outs of the tech world.
This list of technology STEM activities take tech off the screen and into real life. These projects will deepen their understanding of electricity, computers, photography, and coding. And great news for you, most of the materials you need can be found around the house!
Read on for 12 screen-free technology STEM activities that will get your kids hands-on and off-screen!
12 Technology STEM Activities for Kids!
1. Coding And Electrical Circuits from Steam Powered Family
2. Coding A Lego Maze from Research Patent
3. Computer Deconstruction from Left Brain Craft Brain
4. Flashlight Constellations from Schooling A Monkey
5. How To Build A Circuit Flower from Steam Powered Family
6. How To Make A Coin Battery from Teach Beside Me
7. Is It Conductive? Or not? from Teach Beside Me
8. Jelly Bean Stop Motion Video from Schooling A Monkey
9. Minion Brush Bot from Left Brain Craft Brain
10. Pumpkin Clock STEM Project from Little Bins for Little Hands
11. Tiny Dancers from Babble Dabble Do
12. Zero: A Digital Photography Challenge from Educators Spin On It
Ashley helps parents who want to homeschool find the resources they need to successfully teach their children. Ashley is a former teacher, current homeschooler, published author, and designer behind Circle Time with Miss Fox printables as well as the creator of this website, The Homeschool Resource Room.