This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for details.
Celebrate Dr. Seuss and all of the joy he brings to children with these 10 Dr. Seuss STEM Activities!
“Things may happen and often do to people as brainy and footsy as you.”
– Dr. Seuss, Oh The Places You’ll Go
The memorable Dr. Seuss books are a mainstay of childhood. These famous children’s books have fun rhymes, creative characters, and story lines that will make you laugh every time you read together.
Let’s expand on our children’s love of all things Seuss with some hands-on learning and experimentation!
STEM Activities + Dr. Seuss
If you’re familiar with STEM activities and projects, you probably know that STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. These hands-on projects, challenges, and experiments become even more meaningful and memorable when paired with a book.
Cross-curricular lessons encourage all kinds of kids to learn through play. Voracious readers will have the opportunity to extend the book into a real-life project. And you will inspire reluctant readers to enjoy a book as you connect reading with a cool, new challenge or experiment.
If you’re getting ready for Read Across America Week, these Dr. Seuss STEM activities will add a fun, hands-on element to your reading, math, and science lesson plans. Just in time for the spring slump!
Seuss Themed Sudoku
First up, check out our Dr. Seuss themed sudoku puzzles to add a little math and logic fun to your day! Appropriate for K-2 kids who are just getting started with sudoku, this silly sudoku pack includes 8 unique, full color cut & paste puzzles!
FUNtastic Dr. Seuss STEM Activities
Pair one of the following Dr. Seuss STEM activities with your favorite Seussy book and see where your imagination takes you!
1. Apple Boats from A Dab of Glue Will Do
2. Bartholomew and the Oobleck Inspired STEM Activity from Steam Powered Family
3. Cup Stacking the Cat’s Hat from Little Bins for Little Hands
4. Exploring Science in Motion with a DIY Apple Game from Educators Spin On It
5. Fizzy Colour Mixing Experiments from Inspirational Laboratories
6. Fizzy Green Eggs and Ham Experiment from Little Bins for Little Hands
7. Green Eggs and Ham Addition Math Game from Creative Family Fun
8. One Fish Two Fish Counting Game from Mama Miss
9. Red and White Cat in the Hat Science from Toddler Approved
10. Stacking Apples Game from The Educators’ Spin On It
More Dr. Seuss fun from the Resource Room:
- 5 Days of EASY Dr. Seuss Activities for Read Across America Week
- FUNtastic Fox in Socks Activities for Kids!
- Wacky Wednesday Ideas: Easy, Low Prep Surprises
Ashley helps parents who want to homeschool find the resources they need to successfully teach their children. Ashley is a former teacher, current homeschooler, published author, and designer behind Circle Time with Miss Fox printables as well as the creator of this website, The Homeschool Resource Room.