This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for details.
If you’re looking for some creative, hands-on ideas for your kids, check out these elementary science fair projects! Fun experiments and activities to display for your K-5 science fair.
When I was a kid, the science fair was strictly for 7th and 8th graders. It was a right of passage. For years in elementary school we toured around the middle school gym amazed at the fantastic, creative experiments that the big kids made with their colorful tri-fold displays.
Now, with the explosion of STEM education, younger kids are getting in on the fun, too! Elementary science fair projects are being assembled all over the world, with kids as young as kindergarten.
We LOVE Elementary Science Fair Projects
Because, really, there’s no age limit on loving science. We’ve been hands-on with science since preschool, and my kids’ love of all things STEM has only grown.
It’s awesome. I’m so glad that my kids have a chance to show off their love of science at a young age – rather than waiting years until they’re “old enough.”
With the love of all things STEM in mind, I’ve rounded up 15 fun and hands-on elementary science fair projects, experiments, and ideas for your child to create.
There are kitchen science projects, color-changing experiments, erupting volcanoes, and so much more. When it comes to STEM, there is no shortage of possibilities and what you can accomplish – with just a little patience and perseverance. What will you choose?
I hope your science fair is amazing, too!
15 FUN Elementary Science Fair Projects
1. Baked Potato Science Fair Project from Left Brain Craft Brain
2. Bouncy Egg Science Experiment from Parenting Chaos
3. Color Changing Milk Science Experiment from Busy Creating Memories
4. Easy Earth Worn Science Experiment from Inspiration Laboratories
5. Energy Efficient Window Science Fair Project from Schooling A Monkey
6. Experiments with Slime from Little Bins For Little Hands
7. Exploring Density Marble Race from Steam Powered Family
8. Growing Mold Science Experiment from Teach Beside Me
9. Lemon Battery Science Experiment from Steam Powered Family
10. Light Maze from Science Sparks
11. How Water Travels Through Leaves from Buggy And Buddy
12. Papier Mache Erupting Volcano from Red Ted Art
13. Seed Jar Science Experiment from Little Bins For Little Hands
14. What Cleans Pennies Best from Teach Beside Me
15. Why Do Apples Turn Brown from Left Brain Craft Brain
Where to go next? Browse hundreds of hands-on elementary STEM projects, activities, and challenges!
Ashley helps parents who want to homeschool find the resources they need to successfully teach their children. Ashley is a former teacher, current homeschooler, published author, and designer behind Circle Time with Miss Fox printables as well as the creator of this website, The Homeschool Resource Room.