This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for details.
Try these amazing dry ice STEM activities for kids! Science experiments and projects that will make your kids say, “WOW!!!!”
If your science routine has become a little hum drum, it might be time to liven things up. And nothing gets the Ooooooos and Ahhhhhhs quite like dry ice!
Dry ice is an amazing material to experiment with. You can create everything from magical fog to strange, frozen bubbles. Below I’ve collected ten of our favorite dry ice experiments for you to try with your kids, class, or co-op group!
Tips for Dry Ice Experiments
Before you begin, make sure to familiarize yourself with a few safety tips for working with dry ice. Experiments should be monitored from start to finish and whenever the dry ice is accessible.
If you’re buying a hunk of dry ice, it’s good to have a couple experiments lined up so you can use it before it disappears. So pick a few things and get those materials set up before you bring the ice home. You can usually find dry ice in the freezer section of your grocery store.
10 Incredible Dry Ice Experiments for Kids!
1. Dry Ice Soda Geyser by Science Kiddo
2. Smoking Bubbles Dry Ice Experiment by Raising Dragons
3. Make Frozen Bubbles by Though Co.
4. Watermelon Dry Ice Explosion by Thrifty Fun
5. Coin in Dry Ice Experiment by IFL Science!
6. Mad Scientist Potion by Our Best Bites
7. Harry Potter Crystal Ball: Dry Ice Experiment by Teach Beside Me
8. Homemade Root Beer with Dry Ice by Paintbrushes and Popsicles
9. Make Ice Cream with Dry Ice by Pop Shop America
10. Inflate a Balloon: Cool Dry Ice Experiments by Science Kiddo
Ashley helps parents who want to homeschool find the resources they need to successfully teach their children. Ashley is a former teacher, current homeschooler, published author, and designer behind Circle Time with Miss Fox printables as well as the creator of this website, The Homeschool Resource Room.